So it Begins...



Emma Donaldson is my name, I am a third year student studying Event Management (BA Hons) at Queen Margaret Unoversity Edinburgh . Today is my first day as an intern at eventum-premo  a Moscow based event and PR company. My first point of contact with the company was during a visit to Moscow in April so I knew something of the type of working environment I was about to enter. However, the nerves still kicked in, how was I going to cope with language barriers, the metro and working in a foreign country. 
The morning started off with an introduction to the organisation, eventum-premo; what they are all about and a background to previous achievements of the company. In the afternoon I was formally welcomed to the company by Alexander Shumovich, one of the founders of the company, and discussed my role here at eventum-premo beginning with tasks such as a short presentation to introduce myself to the rest of the work force. I expressed my interest in the production side of event management and later was shown presentations on previous projects. They included 3D designs projecting the desired finish of the event aesthetics and these projections being realised. I was also talked through a few obstacles that had arisen in the past to do with setting up the event staging. An event is to take place on the 25th of May regarding the opening of a new neighbourhood in Moscow, I was shown the progress of the props and decorations to be used. A company supplying cardboard props and signage have been selected for this event, the use of this company and its cardboard material follows the eco friendly trend that I had previously studied at university. 
Creating a booking agency database is the next task assigned to me, it has to be focused on international artists, as being international myself I have a possible wider knowledge of potential acts out with Russia from the UK and mainland Europe. A list of artists with links to contact details and possible booking prices are also to be produced, these tasks are on going.
My nerves eased throughout the day as I settled in and all employees were extremely welcoming, I am intrigued to see what challenges will be passed my way in the coming weeks. 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment